Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Caught Butterflies . . . .

Greetings and Salutations (credit to Charlotte for that) one and all . . .

Thought I'd venture into the land of Blog. It's a bit intimidating, this. Want it to be thoughtful and entertaining, not mere minutiae.

Coming up with the name presented a few moments of cluelessness then I remembered two words I wrote down last month. Caught butterflies. Thought it might be the name of a book someday. Still might be. I picture wild, random beautiful things--butterflies or thoughts--caught for a moment, then released. I would never want them to die in captivity.

What is hilarious today--Tre giddy from novacaine at the dentist. I think he was having a sort of placebo effect, mistaking it for "laughing gas." More like "giggling gas."

What is mournful today--two daughters going out of town for 5+ days . . . one daughter getting senior pictures taken (She is not long for this house.)

What I'm thankful for today--Tre getting a "good stick" at the dentist--getting stuck is the worst part, don't you think . . . cooler weather

What I'm reading today--Stephen King's memoir/writing book

What I'm eating/drinking today--Starbucks skinny caramel macchiato is the only thing worth noting thus far . . .

5 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

welcome to blog world. I couldn't live without mine! A source of venting, humor, craziness, and record keeping...all in one spot.

Iris said...

...I have subscribed to your blog! Good for you for venturing into this world. I, too, will do it someday...for now, I'll enjoy the blogs of others! :o)

Woo-Hoo1 said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Glad you have decided to join us. Can't wait to read about your life and catch some of your wit, passion and love of life.
Megan

writingdianet said...

Wow! You all are Johnny on the spot. How did you find me? Any advice (sooner than later) wrt blogging?

Anonymous said...

Diane, So you finally did it! I know you've been thinking about doing this for a long time. I, too, will read your blog in order to catch some of your wit, passion and love of life! Strange...I never have had the desire to blog myself, but I love reading others. People are so fascinating....especially YOU!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...